Are you an MS Outlook user and recognize with these messages including ‘Unable to display the folder. The file xxx.pst could not be accessed’, ‘Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience’, ‘The file xxx.pst is not a personal folders file’? Are you looking for some tips to avoid MS Outlook PST corruption? If yes then read this post completely.
Above mentioned error messages are the indication that there is an issues with MS Outlook which can leads PST corruption. The damage of PST files make their items inaccessible to MS Outlook users such as attachments, emails, notes, contacts, calenders, journals etc. There are numerous reasons are responsible behind the corruption of PST filers such as Hardware or software issues, hard disk damages, file-header corruption, media corruption. Networking faults, broken PST file, power failures, 2 GB limitation errors, improper MS Outlook exists, virus attacks etc. PST files may get damaged due to any reasons but you can avoid the corruption of PST file by taking some prevention tips.
Prevention Tips To Avoid MS Outlook PST Corruption:-
PST is known as the store house of MS outlook data which need your special attention. If you are one of them MS Outlook users who want to keep their email communication uninterrupted and data safe then here is a solution for you. Here is a list of tips is provided to avoid PST corruption issues which are as follows:-
- Do not save PST file on a server or in a network drive:- On user System, PST files have maximum security and safety. So user should avoid to save them on a network drive or server.
- Always exit Outlook properly:- It is a very simple tip. User should avoid to close or shut down MS Outlook application abruptly. Before shutting down System check the MS Outlook application is running or not. If not close MS outlook application first of all then after shut down your PC. User should use a power backup always to exit Outlook properly when there is a power failure.
- Keep PST file size in check:- To avoid MS Outlook PST corruption, it is better to keep the details about the PST file size in various version of Ms Outlook. If required, split PST file to keep their size in check.
- Avoid to handle large volumes of emails in a single operation:- User should be patient while performing email operations like moving, copying, deleting any Outlook data. You should avoid to delete or move emails in large numbers.
- Backup the PST file periodically:- User should keep backups regularly against disasters. So that disaster can not cause permanent damage into the email communication System.
- Be alert against Malware attacks:- User should be very careful while sharing PST files. they should always use a good anti-malware program into their System and ensure that it is not harmful to your PST files.
By taking these prevention tips you can avoid PST corruption issues. But after taking these tips, you suffered with any error messages then you need to use inbox repair tool which is an in-built repair utility. It automatically installed into your PC whenever you install MS Outlook application. However, this tool is not successful in repairing serious PST corruptions, so in such a case they need to use PST Repair Tool. It is a best recovery utility which is designed by professional expert using highly advanced algorithm to avoid PST corruption issues. This tool completely scan user PC and fix all issues. It supports almost all versions of MS Outlook such as Outlook 2000, 20002, 2003, 2008, 2010 and so on.
Step 1:- Install the latest version of PST file. After installation select PST file.
Step 2:- Find PST files to continue for the further processes.
Step 3:- Check the preview of recoverable PST file.
Step 4:- Click “OK” button to process for further step.
Step 5:- At last, click on “OK” button to finish the repair process